Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy Independence Day!

Wow where to start. I have so many things I want to talk about and I just can't seem to get them all unjumbled in my head. I am going to try and sort them out as best I can while doing this.
Oh and I must insert here that I have pictures, lots and lots of pictures, I just am having technical difficulties right now trying to download them. Once I get that figured out though, I will put some on here.
Last Tuesday we went to the park for the first time. I mean we go to the park all the time, but the one we go to has no toys. So we went to the toy park for the first time on Tues. Bear wanted nothing to do with the toys. He wanted to walk around and collect wood chips and watch the big kids. So that is what we did for about 30 minutes. I put him on the swing when we first got there, and he freaked out. He did not start screaming, he just got really tense and pursed his lips and started breathing like he was in labor. He was frozen in terror. So we got off of those. We had met one of Bears friends there, we shall call him Little Man, and let me say this, they have known each other since they were 6 weeks old and have never even glanced each others way. One could care less about the other. But that day they actually played with each other. Bear was running away from me(his new game) and Little Man ran after him. When he finally caught up, he tried to feed Bear a rock and Bear tried to poke him in the eye with a stick. It was really sweet. We had a good time that day with the exception of me forgetting to put on sunscreen. I got a burn. But that is the story of my life during the summer months. Burn, peel, go back to ghostly see-through white.
For the 4th, we went to MamaGephs house. She has the sweetest kiddos in the world and I love to be around them. And her too of course! We had some yummy salmon burgers and lit off some day time fireworks and then later that night set off some more once it was dark. The first one that she lit, did a lot of sparking at first and then it made some noise which startled Bear. He jumped and yelled, "HEY!" and looked like he was going to be okay with it and then started screaming. After that though he was fine. Momma held him close. We stayed out there until about 1030 and Bear did fine. Not cranky or anything. I was really surprised. And pleased.
It was really windy last night which made for some interesting fireworks. I hate fireworks. They scare the crap out of me and I just knew that one of them was going to get knocked over and burn us all alive. But they didn't. We made it out okay. Bear fell asleep on the way home, but he stayed awake until almost 1100. And then woke up at 5 and I said no way dude. He fell back asleep and woke up again an hour later. That time I went in and got him. I hope this doesn't screw up his schedule too much.
On Tuesday night, we were going to go to the drive-in. Daddy had gotten off work early and we were set to go by 8pm. We drove 30 minutes and as we pulled off of Hwy 20, we saw a full lot and a line of cars out of the theater backed up into the street. I said no way jose! So we went back home and started watching a movie here which Daddy fell asleep about 10 minutes in. Every time I tried to turn it off, he would wake up and get angry at me saying that he was watching it. I tried to get him to tell me what was going on in the movie. He couldn't. So I waited until he was good and asleep before I put in a chick flick.
Tela and Duke are doing well. I got a correction collar for Duke. I do not care if you think it is inhumane. Eating my son is inhumane. I did this for the safety of my child. And the preservation of my house in general. Besides I have only zapped him about 4 time total. I just give him a warning beep and that straightens him right up. So he is now more tolerable. Still a little booger, but at least now he is getting the idea of what is his to chew on and what isn't.
Hee hee I just had a funny little picture in my head. We were sitting on the couch and Daddy had the collar in his hand. I said, "try it out." He said, "no." Eventually I broke him down and he tried it on a level 1. Nothing. Tried it again, nothing. All of a sudden he messed with the level and pushed the button and that thing shot out of his hand across the room. I just about peed my pants laughing. And then he tried to get me to do it. Yeah... right. Like I am that dumb.

No comments: