Friday, July 06, 2007

Attack of the vacuum

I got Bear a Dirt Devil vacuum. He really likes to clean. He is forever walking around with the mini dust broom and pan. The other day Duke pooped and I yelled for Daddy to go get me something to clean up the mess with while I held Duke down since he had stepped in it. Well here comes Bear with that dust broom and pan. Bless his little heart. And then another time I told him that the broom was for messes and he couldn't play with it unless there was a mess to be cleaned up. I turned my back and walked 2 feet and looked back at him. He stuck his hand into the dog food, pulled out a handful and dumped it on the floor. He then looked at me with a big smile and grabbed his broom and went to work. Now he doesn't actually get anything up when he does this. He actually doesn't even take the broom apart from the pan, just scrapes it along the floor, but at least he is trying.
So I bought him a vacuum. He pushed that bad boy around the living room and hallway like he was really picking up some dirt. I figured he liked it that much, he would like it even more if I put some batteries in it so it could do its thing for real. I get the batteries in, turn that puppy on and he just did not know what to do with himself. He had been holding onto it, but it was like he wanted nothing more than to drop it and run but couldn't let go. Finally he let go and stood there contemplating what to do about the situation with a very serious look on his face. After about 30 seconds of acting like he was going to grab it and then getting 5 inches away and changing his mind, he decided he had had enough of the situation and wanted out but also wanted to make sure it didn't follow him. He put up both hands towards it, (like I do with the dogs) and said, "stay...stay." And when he was sure it wasn't going to move, he ran into the safety of mommas arms, turned around to give that thing one more gander and exploded into tears.

No comments: