Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The things he absorbs

We went to California this last weekend, to visit family. While we were at the airport waiting to board the plane, I took Bear to the window so we could look out and look at the airplanes going by. We were there for about 30 minutes looking at things and talking about them. We talked about the luggage truck and how they work and we talked about the little trucks that push the planes backwards, and we talked about everything on the planes. The wings, the engines, where the pilots sit, where the passengers sit, and then I saw a hose coming from the bottom of the plane, so I told him that this was how they got the poo poo off of the plane. People have to use the bathroom while they are flying and now they are emptying out the tanks so more people could use them. And from there we just kept talking and pointing. I didn't think anything of it, until we landed and my sister asked him about the airplane trip, and he very seriously told her, "poo poo airplane!" And every time he asked now about his airplane ride, he tells about the poo poo on the airplane. I am so glad that out of the whole speech I gave him, this is what he remembers. I will post pictures later of the trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, a man has to have his priorities...

Wait until potty training. You are going to have so much fun. ;)