Saturday, June 20, 2009

Pi-vot...pi-VOT....PI-VOT! PIVOT!!!

(Okay, if you didn't get that, it was Ross from the TV show Friends, telling Rachel and Chandler to pivot the couch around the corner. I think one of my favorite moments in the show.)
Anyways. I had forgotten how much I loved watching babies learn how to turn around when walking. They get to a spot and decide to turn around and then pivot on one foot until they have done a 180. She did that for a few days but has figured out how to turn around like a regular person. She is walking even more now. The majority of the time. Actually the only time she seems to crawl is when I have the camera pointed at her. Not that it matters because I cannot find the USB cord to the camera that takes movies. So all movies I take will remain on that camera until I decide what to do. Who knows, I might be showing her kids movies of their mommy learning to walk on a dinosaur of a camera 30 years from now.

I took Bear to the drive in last night. We had so much fun. I put Bug to sleep and then we left. We went and got slurpees (he got the smallest cup with about 2 inches of Cherry in it. But he loved it.) We got a giant bucket of popcorn and settled in. We saw the movie UP! It was a cute movie. He really loved it and he talked the entire time about what was happening. I don't think he is ready to go to a theater yet, he never stopped talking. He got very upset at some parts when the villian was up to no good. He had to crawl in my lap, because he was about to cry. I have never seen him so affected by a movie like that before. And today that is all he could talk about. He tells everyone who will hold still for 10 seconds all about the movie he saw. We even stayed for the second feature. He like that one too, and stayed awake the entire time. In fact, he stayed awake for the ride home and didn't stop kicking the wall until two oclock. And he promptly woke up at 7:30 this morning. Bless his heart.

I have always prayed for my kids to take naps at the same time just to give me a chance to rest during the day. Or even just a few minutes to hear my own thoughts. But for the past week, she has gone back to two naps a day. So she sleeps before lunch, he goes to sleep after lunch and then she goes down about when he wakes up. It has honestly been really nice. It has given me some really good one on one time with each of them. I have been regretting how much I have not been able to do all of the things with her that I did with Bear and I am really going to try and make up for it now. She is going to have just as many pictures and videos and a baby book too. Ha ha. That is my goal now. To finish his baby book and start hers. Wish me luck. That might be another thing I end up doing with her kids. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We watched UP last night too at the theater and I couldn't get to sleep until 2:30am..what IS it about that movie lol?! So fun how he's excited to share in the wonder of the experience with everybody!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the baby book. Mine are typical, Kela has a great one, Cassie's is ok, Faithy's is sad, and Raechel's is non-existent. (In my defense, the younger two have scrapbooks! haha)

I LOVE the drive in! So much more fun when you can move around, talk, and just generally be comfy during a movie or two :) I am glad he had a good experience :)