Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Part one of two

Forgive me if I don't make a lick of sense. I am so tired and all I can think about is my butt. It is kind of tingly. Still. We have been out of the car now for 2 hours and I have been trying to stand as much as I can. But it still kind of tingles. You know when a foot falls asleep and it tingles for awhile. Anyways enough about my butt.
We made it from Mukilteo to Redding in eleven hours and 45 minutes. Not bad. We only had to stop 3 times officially. One time not so official. I count it as official if we all get out of the car. We were 45 minutes out and I was informed that Bear had to potty. Now. So we pulled over and he peed in the back of the Jeep. Crisis averted.
I rue the day I mentioned Disneyland to him. Every time we stopped today, "mommy, are we at Disneyland?" "No, we need to get some gas/go to the bathroom/get some food." "I would like to go to Disneyland first please." Every time we stopped.
Although I am using it now. When he starts to misbehave, I just tell him that I am going to tell Mickey Mouse. For some reason, he bit her today. I don't think it was malicious, she kept sticking her fingers in his mouth and he was laughing she got nipped. A little later he shared a cookie with her. I told him I was very proud of him for being so considerate. "Mommy, can I tell Mickey Mouse I shared with her?" "Yes bud, he will be proud of you too. But if you bite your sister again, I am going to have to tell him that too." A look of horror crossed his face, "Mommy, I don't think he would appreciate that!" I am going to use this for all it is worth.
They did okay. But it is my fault that there was so much touching. When we turned her around, her car seat did not fit properly with the head rest. And the only way to get the head rest off is to cut it off. Now I am no expert but I can't imagine this would be too good for resale value. So she got put in the middle. And he is right next to her. So there was touching. Hand holding, food sharing, food stealing, toy trading, toy snagging, poking, licking, biting, kissing and at one point I think I saw him picking her nose. There were the usual threats from me. "Do not make me pull this car over!" "Leave your sister alone!" But my finest hour came at the end of the day. I was tired and cranky and my throat hurt from singing so much. He was just touching her and she kept squaking every time he looked at her. "STOP TOUCHING YOUR SISTER, GET YOUR FEET OFF MY SEAT, DO NOT LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT, AND STOP MAKING ME YELL!"
But even after all of that, I tucked him in tonight he looked up at me and said, "We had a fantastic day today mommy!" I am glad he had fun.


Lawanda said...


I love it. Such a good boy ♥

"Anyways enough about my butt."


I'm glad the first part of your trip went well :)

Heather said...

Good to hear the trip is going well- if it was me on that trip with my kids I would not even be thinking about blogging after a 12 hour day- I would be thinking about a stiff drink and valium. :)

Kara said...

WOW, I can't believe you drove for almost 12 hours...poor butt!!! Of course I'm sure In-N-Out and Disneyland was good motivation (o: Glad to hear the kids are doing so well for you. You are such a brave, patient mommy!

MamaGeph said...

Hey, don't the headrests come off if you push the button and pull them all the way out? I'll bet you tried that already. Anyway, I think the bonding thing is way better. :)

And Hether is right - self medication would come long before blog posting.

Anonymous said...

As I was writing that post, my children were still wired, bouncing around the hotel room. I thought it might be a little irresponsible to get ripped while they were still awake!
And Gephry, I took the Jeep to the dealership and they told me there was nothing to do. Buttholes.