Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I think I ruined my child

Bear has watched about 4 hours of TV in his entire life. One reason is I really believe that it rots his brain, the Pediatrics Association recommends no TV until they are 2 and I think it should be like 10. There are so many disgusting things on TV. Even if you regulate the shows, the commercials are just as bad! There is nothing that my child can learn from a television show that he can't learn from his momma. Another reason is that I think there are so many better things he could be doing with his time than sitting his butt in front of a TV getting fat. I know he isn't fat right now, but he is building habits every day and I don't want that to be one of them. So we play and sing and clean up around the house. He is real good at laundry. And helping with meals.
So anyways, I will step down off my soap box now. On our drive down to Cali though, I was really scared that he would become very restless being in the car for 23 straight hours. We got out and stretched and ate, but it was a long drive for all of us. So we brought our portable DVD player. He watched maybe 3 movies on the way down and I think part of Alice in Wonderland on the way back, but that was enough to hook him. Every now and then he will run to the TV and yell "moosie!" I can distract him most of the time, but I am hoping he will eventually forget about movies.

No comments: