Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Lucky Ducky







On Saturday I was starting to cook the kids breakfast when my mom walked in the door all flushed. I asked her what was happening and she said that my brother had called and invited her to go see the blue angels on a yacht! Wow. She has always wanted to see their show, let alone enjoy it from a yacht. He then asked me if I wanted to go but they had to leave right then. I ran my tongue along my fuzzy teeth and looked down at my pajamas. I then looked over at my pajama clad children waiting patiently for me to put food in their hungry tummies. He said I had ten minutes. Count me in! I kicked it into Navy bootcamp mode and got my butt in gear. I am proud to say that I got myself and my children dressed and out the door in time. They ate in the car ride there.



We drove to Bellevue and walked down the pier passing these beautiful boats. We got up to the one we were to board and Bear flipped out. He was not happy about being on a boat. (I had taken him down to the beach the night before and we walked out on the floating docks there, which he really did not like.) We all got on board and settled in. It took a while for the kids to get their sea legs, and I must say it took me a little bit to get used to it again. It has been almost 3 years since I have been on the water like that. But I soon recalled why I loved being a sailor. I belong on the water. Yeah, that was only Lake Washington, but I love it. I will have a sailboat someday and I will do lots of traveling on it.



We spent most of the day out there, we got to see the Blue Angels like I have never seen them before. I had goose bumps almost the entire time. The show was right at nap time, so the kids both passed out about halfway through. But what they did see they loved. Bear is still talking about it.



We had so much fun and got home after seven that night. Everyone slept really well that night.

1 comment:

MamaGeph said...

Oh, my, what an awesome time! I am both jealous and really glad you got to go. :) The yacht life suits you, bay-bee!