Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I KNEW IT!!!

I have never liked spiders. I can't even look at them with out getting the heebie jeebies. But what I do not like are spiders that are on the wall above my head. Why? Because I knew that the second I walked up to one to kill it with a shoe, it was going to jump on my head. KNEW IT. Now it never did happen, because of my lightening quick abilities and the fact that I always used half a can of hairspray on them first to freeze them. but that doesn't mean that it can't happen. And now I have proof!
Bear and I checked out a book about spiders. Ok, he picked it out and I very begrudgingly let him.
Here are some things I have learned:
Not all spiders catch their meals in webs, some jump on their prey.
A jumping spider can leap 40 times it's body length. Let me say that again, 50 times it's body lenth!
A jumping spider has wonderful eyesight-for a spider. It has two huge eyes in the middle of its head, four more op top, and one on each side. The spider hardly has to move its head to see in all directions.
And the best part, they are found all over the world.
I have the creeps now more than ever.
Check this out if you are brave.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwmgg7GDWJ4

No comments: