Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thank you buddy

He repeats everything. Even if I am on the phone 10 feet away and he is playing with his cars, he will just quietly sit there and say everything I say. He will remember things for weeks and then blurt them out at the perfect moment. Sometimes it is annoying, sometimes it is funny and sometimes I want to kick myself. (Like the day he yelled the word Diarrhea over and over in the hospital) But never before has it hit me as strongly as it did today. I was sitting in bed after nap and he had crawled up with me and Bug. I just sat there looking at them and I started to cry just a little at how wonderful I really do have it. He looked up at me and said, "You okay mommy; you are so blessed." It blew me away that he would be intuitive enough to say that right then. Man, am I ever.

No comments: