Monday, September 08, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

Him:

Okay, all of his friends have pottied on the toilet and one of them is now wearing big boy underpants full time. My son has shown no interest in potty training, but I haven't pushed it at all, I figured when he was ready, he would let me know. When I sat him down on his toilet naked he would immediately stand up and say "all done!" Last week though, while I was going potty, he pulled his pants down and sat on his toilet naked. He didn't potty or poop, but we got a step closer. Well yesterday, I took his diaper off of him and he ran away before I could get another one on. I told him if he ran around naked, he had to tell me before he pottied. About an hour later he disappeared into the kitchen while I was feeding her and ran back out a few minutes later, "I pottied!" He had pulled his booster seat off the chair, sat on it and pottied. A little while later, he peed in the living room. (I am so glad we got rid of the carpet!) A little after that I was on the phone with my friend while nursing. He was on the couch, and told me he had to potty. I asked him if he needed help and was told, "I not need help! I got it!" I said, go ahead and go in the bathroom. He went and turned on all the lights and the fan and was very quiet. He came back out with the biggest smile. "I potty in the toilet!" I jumped up, and ran in there and he had half peed in the toilet and half out. I was so so happy. And he looked so proud of himself. So he got a quarter and got to put it in piggy. Later that night, he started to pee in the hall, but stopped and ran to the bathroom while I cleaned it up. I peeked in at him, he was sitting on the toilet with his little wee wee hanging out, peeing all over the bathroom floor. But the smile on his face made me so proud of him, I didn't care. We will get the logistics down.
Here is a picture. I know, gross that I would put his pee on here, but I don't care. I am so proud of him.

Now her:


She is a getting really good at scooting-in circles that is.

I had laid her on the blanket and in about 5 minutes she had pushed herself in a big half circle 2 feet from where she had started.


1 comment:

MamaGeph said...

What a big boy! Now get ready to visit every bathroom in every store you go to for the next year. :)

I can not even believe she is getting so big. Crawling is not so far off.