Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Tough decisions

By this time in Bear's pregnancy, actually about 2 months ago, I was ready to give birth. His nursery was done, all of his clothes for the first 2 years of his life were bought and properly stored, I had all the baby stuff I needed, I had read all the books, I was ready. This time around, I am praying she will decide to hang out in there for another year because by then I might, just might be ready for her. I have very little ready for this little girl. And I am starting to freak out. I have her baby bedding, (I bought that before I knew it was a girl) :) I have a beautiful antique dresser that my dad bought for her. But that is in his garage with promises of it getting refinished before she is born. So the few clothes I do have, sit a plastic tote. The one thing that I am having a really hard time deciding on is her crib. I know what I want. I know exactly the one I would lo-ove to have. This one(I had to screen shot it, because it wouldn't let me save as) :


It is beautiful, it is perfect, it has that antique look that fits the vision of her garden antique room I have in my mind. It is just waaaaay out of the price range :)

So my second choice is this one (this is the bedding I have too):

It is just such a popular crib that it is out of stock at the 2 places that carry it and they have no idea when it will be back in, and 2 months back ordered at the other one. So do I wait patiently and hope that someone will have it in stock before she is one year old or do I get something that I don't really love just so I can get her room done? I have searched the internet 5 times over looking for another crib that I like. And I can't find anything. Am I being too picky? I have dreamed about having that perfect little girls room forever. Light pink walls, with a white picket fence on one wall with flowers crawling up it. Lacy window coverings, and classic furniture that won't go out of fashion. Now I feel like I have to compromise my dreams for reality. And I don't do that well. :)

GRRRRR!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, why don't you comprimise that baby right into your Bear's old crib you silly mama. He won't need it anymore by the time she is out of the hammock.

Of course, shopping is more fun. ;)

babybearsmomma said...

Because I do not like his crib, and he is using it as his toddler bed for now. And shopping is more fun!