Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sing-a-song

This kid loves to sing. He loves to sing songs that he knows and he also loves to sing songs that he makes up. I can most of the time tell which song he is singing. The ones I can't tell, are the ones I say he makes up. :) He doesn't sing all the words of the song, just enough to tell though.

Jingle Bells goes like this:
"Deedle bells" sung about 20 times and then a "Hey!" at the end.

Apples and Bananas:
"Eat, eat eat, applessss nonanas." Over and over.

For twinkle twinkle, he just sings "tweetle tweetle dar" over and over.

And my favorite is Hakuna Matata. I am officially Hakuna Matata'd out. EVERY time we get into the car he starts in, "Tu Tata? Tu Tata?" So we have come to a compromise. He listens to it one time when I first start the car and then I get to listen to my talk radio. Most of the time this works, but every now and then I will get a teeny tiny voice pleading from the back, "Tu Tata pwease?" And I love love love to turn the volume down in the middle of the song just so I can listen to him sing. He is so funny.
I love listening to him when he is in his own world. He will be playing with his cars, just singing his heart out about cars and trucks and the sounds they make. It makes my heart happy.

The other thing that really makes me feel good is how much he loves to read. We read probably about 2-2 1/2 hours a day total. He is constantly bringing me books to read to him. "wead boot mommy?" And he is really into the story books now. The ones that take about 20 minutes to read through. He sits very patiently and listens so intently. It makes me very hopeful that I am doing something right with this kid.

I took him to swim lessons on Tuesday and he did so well. He got right into the pool and started blowing bubbles, then he would look at me and say "good?" Then we worked on putting his ears in the water. He surprised the heck out of me when he went ahead and did a full bob up to his eye brows 3 times in a row while blowing bubbles. He was so proud of himself. And I was proud of him too. He is growing up so much every day.

Today he was playing with elmo and elmo fell over and smacked his head on a truck, Bear reached right over and picked him up looked him right in the eye, and asked, "otay? otay?" And then gave him a big kiss where he had bumped his head.

But he isn't all sweet and tender all the time. This little boy is most assuredly a boy. Today he made a game of jumping backwards off the back of his dump truck and landing hard on his bum. He would laugh his head off and then do it again. I am going to start calling him Crash, I don't know if it is because the word "walk" is no longer in his vocabulary and he has to run everywhere he goes, but the kid is constantly smacking into everything. Normally he just bounces right off and continues on, and sometimes I have to tell him to shake it off.

2 comments:

MamaGeph said...

Aaaww. He is such a wonderful boy!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.