Tuesday, August 07, 2007

An itty bitty heart attack

Duke and Tela were on the front porch enjoying some bones while I unloaded the dishwasher. They both can get very protective of thier bones so I was listening for any outbreaks. All of a sudden I heard Duke scream and wail like never before. I thought it was strange that I didn't hear Tela at all, just Duke making a ruckus but if I went by the severity of his screams, Tela was ripping his head off.
So I jumped over the dishwasher and Bear and sprinted out to the front porch to find Duke with his head in the corner and Tela across the porch. I could not get that dog settled down, he kept screaming like he was being tortured, but I couldn't see anything wrong with him. After about 2 minutes of me trying to calm him down, he turned and looked at me. I could not help but laugh. The dumb dog had gone and stuck his face in cobwebs and he was covered. I wiped them off and he finally settled down but is still wiping his face on everything. I think that my heart has finally gone back to a normal BPM.

No comments: