Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Big sigh of relief

Can I just say that I have the best road trip kids? We made it from San Diego to Redding which is about 600 miles and only stopped twice. There was no whining or crying or fighting. Actually there was a little bit of whining on Bears part. As we were going through Coalinga, he told me he was tired of smelling all the cows. I told him to stick his nose in his shirt. There were a lot of strange smells today. There were a massive amount of onion trucks on the road. Those were really smelly. Bear commented on those too. And at one point I thought I smelled pepper for about a mile. I am not sure how pepper is grown, but I think that I might have passed by a pepper field if that is even possible.

We got to Redding at about 3:30 and it was 108 degrees. I think that is the hottest temperature I have ever been in. It sucks. I cannot wait to get back to dreary drizzly overcast Washington. I have had enough sun for awhile. i think we are going to take off early tomorrow morning and make it back before rush hour in Seattle tomorrow. That is the goal. We will see how tonight goes though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you all had such a fabulous trip (in spite of that 108! Whew doggies!)

My kids have always been good for road trips too :)

Oh and it is completely plausible that you smelled the peppers from a field :)