Sunday, February 15, 2009

The best Valentine I could ever get

We were riding in the car yesterday and Bear was asking if we were going to see his uncle "Dan-the-man." I said yes, he would be at home.
"Is Lulu (Uncle's girlfriend) going to be there too?"
"Yes honey."
"Is Lulu going to spend the night?"
"No honey, she isn't spending the night."
"Why?"
"Because they are not married baby."
"Oh.----Am I going to get married mommy?"
"Yes honey, when God brings a woman to you and you love her more than anything else."
Silence for about 3 minutes. Then:
"Mommy can I marry you?"
My heart melted.

2 comments:

daphne said...

love it :)

MamaGeph said...

I still remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when the Bear first proposed to me. Sigh.

Do you think he has paid off the Desitin incident yet? ;)