Thursday, December 04, 2008

New foods

I love introducing new foods. Just because of the endless faces that a baby can make that let you know exactly what they think even if they cannot verbalize it.
The first look when you put something new in her mouth is shock. You get her head to jerk back and her eyes to open wide. The next look is the look I would imagine she would make if I put poop in her mouth. Disgust. What did you put in my mouth? She starts to chew on it. She rolls it around her mouth. The facial expressions never stopping. The next look is the look of being betrayed. She looks at me like I just slapped her in the face. She narrows her eyes at me and cocks her head to the side. How could I put something new in her mouth? Following that is acceptance. Okay maybe not so bad. She can handle it. And then comes the grab for the bowl. Give me more!

No comments: