Saturday, August 30, 2008

One of the great things about having a sibling...

Remember when you were a kid and your mom would tell you to go get your sister? And you would stay right where you were and holler at the top of your lungs for her? And then your mom would give you that annoyed look and say, "that is not what I meant."

Let me set the scene:
In the bathroom; I was trying to take care of business with the door closed; Bear was in the living room playing with cars; Bug was still in bed:

Bear busts into the bathroom and starts telling me what he wants for breakfast.

"Mommy, I want noodles. Mommy, I want cramp juice(cranberry juice). Mommy I want granola bars. Mommy I want pizza. Mommy..." At this point he became more interested in playing with things on the counter and became quiet and Bug started crying.

In an effort to regain some privacy and to get him to stop playing with my make-up, I asked, "will you please go and tell your sister I will be there in a minute?"

Without missing a beat and at the top of his blessed little lungs, "Hey baby sister! Mommy will be there in a minute! Hush now!"

"Ummm honey, you probably could of been a little more kind when you said that."

Stops and looks at me and then turns back around to her direction, "Thank you!" and goes right back to putting on makeup.

No comments: