Monday, August 27, 2007

Pure Pandemonium

Last night we went to the local pools swim with your dog night. Don't be too grossed out by this, they drained the pool today for a weeks worth of maintenance. I don't know why, but in my head I pictured maybe 5 dogs being there. It would be nice and quiet and Duke would have a grand time splashing about with the other 4 dogs.

We got there and the parking lot was packed and there was a line of dogs and owners out the door. The pools were packed. There were dogs running around everywhere. I thought Bear was going to lose his mind. He tried and I think achieved petting all 100 dogs there. He cared nothing about the pool, he was running around with his eyes bugged out at the sight of all these dogs. And boy was it loud. You had to scream so the person sitting next to you could hear you. My dreams of Duke loving the water? No way. Daddy took him in the small pool and he seemed okay, and then he took him to the big pool and pulled him in. He freaked out and tried to climb right back out. He took him back to the small pool and did nothing but try to climb out. So we pulled him out and just watched the chaos. It was hilarious. I encourage you, even if you don't have a dog, go next year. Bring a tub of popcorn and sit back and watch. I promise a good time. I just wish I had brought my video camera.


No comments: