Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Too fast

Wow. That is all I can say. Wow. I have a little boy that is going to be one next week. Where in the world has the time gone? It really hit me this morning, I was going through all of his baby clothes and I looked at my favorite little onesie and then I looked at him, and I thought, "how could you ever have fit in this?" And then I was putting away his present clothes and I remember getting them as gifts thinking that he would never fit into that! And here he is. A big boy, about to be one. Walking around by himself, feeding himself independently, playing with his big boy toys, he has a personality, he is a little person! With likes and dislikes and favorites and a very hard head. I do not think that I am ready for this. I know I am not ready for this. Because I know that next comes the big boy bed, and potty in the big toilet and going off to kindergarten(maybe) and having friends that he would rather be around than me. I think I am going to cry. How do you keep them young and innocent? How do you keep them your baby? Maybe not forever, I know that he is not mine forever. Eventually I know that I will have to share him. (With a pre-approved, very thoroughly checked, has to be an angel sent from God himself young lady.) But how do I make it last longer? I could not put him down for naps, that would give me more time. It would most likely make it so I didn't want to be around him at all too though. I just want to soak up as much of him as I can.

No comments: